Boot Hill Blaster
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
You're trapped in a cemetery and surrounded by monsters with nothing but your trusty blaster by your side. Zap the monsters while avoiding their deadly touch!
This game was created as an entry for the #NESJAM.
The original chiptune soundtrack can be found at SoundCloud!
The demo version contains only one monster type and a 20 point limit to gameplay.
Full version features:
- A new monster type: chomper
- Health power-ups
- No score limit
If there's enough interest in the game, the following may be added to future versions:
- Controller support
- More power-up types
- More monster types
- More levels
- More weapon types
- OpenGL 2.0 capable graphics card
- Java 6 or newer
Note: The Windows installer installs a private copy of Java 7.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
Version 1.3 changes:
- Fixed image loading bug that could cause a lock on the loading screen.
- Display icons are now set before creating the display.
- Updated JRE in Windows installer.
Version 1.2 changes:
- Shaders now bind their attributes correctly.
- High score is now saved from session to session.
- Ghost path selection was improved.
- Added Mac OS X version.
Version 1.1 changes:
- Reduced graphics requirements to OpenGL 2.0.
- Fixed shader program linking and validation status checks.
- Pausing no longer randomly causes the game to speed up while paused..
- The demo version now has music.
- Added Linux version.
Note: Mac OS X support has been dropped. The downloads are still available.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $0.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Also available on
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.